- Comprehensively research energy law and policy related issues using the modern research tools.
- Review complex fact situations involving energy, environmental and natural resources and from them distill the issues most important to their work in a relevant field, and memorialize their understanding.
- Become familiar with the basic legal processes by which legal interests in oil and gas development are established, both under the Texas and Oklahoma models as well as the basic legal framework of financial regulation of energy markets and US environmental regulatory schemes.
- Focus their electives on areas of advanced study related to either oil and gas, renewable energy and sustainability, or natural resources law.
- Demonstrate skills in research and writing by preparing a final written capstone that demonstrates their substantive knowledge in the areas most interest to them, using the capstone as an opportunity to focus their work carefully on a discrete legal or policy issue.