Applying to law school may seem overwhelming at first, but it’s also not the monster you might have anticipated it to be.
For applicants to ABA-accredited JD programs in the United States, the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) is the central service through which applications are made.
TU College of Law Applicants
All applicants are required to apply online via the Law School Admission Council (LSAC). A non-refundable application fee of $30 must accompany all applications for admission to TU College of Law unless a fee waiver has been previously granted.
Here are the main steps
- Create an LSAC account.
- Register and prepare for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) – the only test accepted for admission to most ABA-accredited law schools.
- Register for the Credential Assembly Service (CAS).
- Order all the necessary college and university transcripts to be sent for assembly in your CAS report.
- Ask for letters of recommendation.
- Apply to law school via lsac.org.
What is taken into account for admission and scholarship consideration?
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA
- LSAT score
- Character and fitness
- Personal statement (submitted with application)
- Two recommendation letters (submitted to CAS)
Other factors may include, but are not limited to, writing ability, the seriousness of purpose regarding the pursuit of a law degree, employment history, capacity for leadership, maturity, obstacles overcome, discipline, passion for law and service within the community or within the campus community.
You might find it helpful to review this handy LSAC checklist, which lays out the process in more detail. This LSAC video also really helps to demystify the process. For questions regarding your CAS report, call 215-968-1001.
Good luck in your search for the law school that fits you best.
And remember: We are here to help you along the way. Just send us a note at email@example.com or give us a call at 918-631-2406. We would love to speak with you and, if you come to Tulsa, show you around our beautiful law school.
Military Training transcript
If you received military training, you must submit a Military Training transcript to The University of Tulsa Registrar, 800 S. Tucker Drive, Tulsa, OK 74104-3189.