- All applicants must have a degree that permits them to practice law.
- Applicants to the LLM in American Law for Foreign Graduates program must have a degree from a country outside of the United States.
- Applicants to the LLM in Energy & Natural Resources Law and LLM in American Indian and Indigenous Law programs can have a JD or a degree that permits them to practice law in a country outside of the United States. See LSAC minimum degree requirements by country list.
- Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency: TOEFL iBT 90 or IELTS 6.5 or The University of Tulsa College of Law English Institute level 5 with a score of 90% or higher.
LLM applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. International applicants are encouraged to apply by April to allow enough time to secure a student visa.
Prepare and attach supplemental documents to the online application at LSAC.org:
- Official transcript(s) from all undergraduate and postgraduate institutions. This must include proof of a degree that permits the applicant to practice law in a country outside of the United States, such as an LLB, if the applicant does not hold a JD. We require that all applicants use the LLM Credential Assembly Service (LLM CAS), utilizing the Document Assembly Service (DAS) and all foreign transcripts will need to be sent to the International Transcript Authentication and Evaluation Service (ITAES).
- If the applicant’s first language is not English, he/she must submit an official TOEFL score report (paper-based 570 minimum, web-based 90 minimum) or IELTS 6.5 or higher.
- An 800-word personal statement discussing the applicant’s experience, professional goals, and specific reasons for pursuing a specific LLM degree at TU Law. Must be in English.
- A legal writing sample, such as a brief, law review article, memorandum, or other persuasive or scholarly work. Must be the applicant’s own work. Must be in English.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
All applicants are required to apply via the Law School Admission Council (LSAC). Application fees are $30. To apply for a fee waiver, please complete the form below.
The Office of Admissions will provide updates regarding students’ fee waiver status via the selected method (email or text).