Shannon Reiter, graduating from The University of Tulsa College of Law in May of 2017, has accepted a two-year judicial clerkship with the Honorable Lynn N. Hughes for the Southern District of Texas in Houston.
“As a law clerk, I will be the judge’s right-hand man,” said Reiter. “I will help draft opinions, orders and engage in conversation with Judge Hughes on important legal issues in his cases. The clerkship will allow me to explore and get exposure to different areas of law.” Reiter went on to say that she is excited and humbled to have such an amazing opportunity.
Reiter’s accomplishments while attending TU Law include:
- Order of the Barristers Award for outstanding performance in mock trial and oral advocacy
- Supervising editor for Tulsa Law Review
- American Association for Justice Trial Team (2015-2016) and (2016-2017)
- Legal Intern at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Oklahoma (Muskogee)
- Legal Intern for U.S. Magistrate Judge Paul J. Cleary
- Legal Intern for the U.S. Department of Justice: Executive Office of Immigration Review
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Fraternity
- Participated in Boesche Legal Clinic-Immigrant Rights Project
Prior to attending TU College of Law, Reiter graduated cum laude from the University of Arizona with a Bachelors of Arts in philosophy and a minor in classics.