The University of Tulsa College of Law Professional Development Office offers career development services to TU Law students and alumni. The PDO prides itself on learning about each student’s unique skill set and interest areas to provide a high level of individualized service.
- Individualized career counseling
- Compass, TU Law’s online job posting platform, and a weekly jobs email blast
- Résumé, cover letter, and interviewing assistance
- Mock interviews with local attorneys
- On-Campus Interview Program and resume collection
- Career resource library
- Job fair information and funding assistance
- Programming aimed at résumé preparation, interview skills, and job success
- Networking events and mentorship opportunities
- Law student business cards
The PDO works with students on career strategies before they ever enter the classroom, beginning with the one-week Foundations of Legal Study (FLS) orientation program. FLS is designed to equip law students for academic and professional success. Not only do students receive guidance on preparing for class, they tour the federal courthouse and meet the judges; attend social activities with deans, faculty, and alumni; and participate in a public service project organized by the TU Law Public Interest Board.